Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Let's Get this Blog Moving

Well,It has obviously been a long time since I have posted to this blog. A lot has happened in the past few months.

I was a guest blogger on Pat Martin's Blog Page. He asked me to write about my experience at the Food & Wine Magazine's Classic at Aspen. (I will post a copy on this blog)

My father passed away on July 16th after suffering for over 10 years from Multiple Myeloma, a blood cancer. We knew it was coming but it was not easy.

I have been seriously considering opening a restaurant and have been working on all of those details with my future business partner.

We got the Peg Leg Porker site up and running. (Still in it's early stages) but Mike Causey and Skyscraper Media have done a tremendous job in capturing my vision for the site.

I have been traveling a lot for work and that has kept me from getting as much done in these last few months as I would like. I recently spoke with a broker about getting my sauces and rubs out into more retail locations. Right now I just sell on Lobels.com . That has been great but I need to get it out on the national retail scene. That will involve brokers, distributors and more time. I believe that it is a great brand and can do well if I start putting more focus on the marketing.

I made some great contacts in Aspen and it was fun being out there with Evan, David and the Lobel's crew. Evan made the front page of the Aspen Times and they specifically mentioned the Waygu Brisket that I prepared. It seemed to be the hit of the show.

Check out the new site http://www.peglegporker.com/ . Also, the next appearance of the Peg Leg Porkers (our competition team) will be on Sept. 28th at the Gaylord Opryland Hotel in Nashville. They are having a KCBS sanctioned contest and we will be competing. The last time we did a KCBS contest was the first appearance of the Peg Leg Porkers. Hopefully, we will do a better job this year then we did back then. They tried to kick us out more than once that year.

Savor the Flavor,

Carey Bringle - Peg Leg

Check out the new website at www.peglegporker.com

Visit my website

Stumble Delicious Twitter Facebook

No comments: