Friday, October 26, 2007

The Church BBQ

Well, the church BBQ went great. With some help from the other members of the Men's club and team members Dudney, Dave and Dresch, everything was dynamite. My two boys stayed with me and camped out. Dresch and his son William also stayed until about 5:00 AM. Having my firebox man there was a huge help. We cooked 56 Butts and 50 racks of ribs.

Overall, I stayed up from about 9:30 AM until 12:30 PM on Saturday. Needless to say, I was exhausted. I am sure that Dresch was too. We drank some beers and bourbon and ate some oysters. The highlight was when Dave braved the coyotes at Radnor to ride his bike over to the church at about 7:00 Am in the morning. He then topped it off by drinking a big bourbon drink. It was BBQ at it's finest. Only Episcopalians can have such a good time at a church BBQ.

Visit my website

Stumble Delicious Twitter Facebook

1 comment:

Terry (aka) Big Daddy said...

Sorry the number two fire box man couldn't be there to help, I had to work, but I was thinking about you.

B.D.